Lcw/Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


ivy123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Thank you for your help...

I reported my health conditions/ fit note on the 10th of February 2023.
I had my assessment and was placed in LCW group on the 4th of April. 
I proceeded to appeal for LCWRA and won it on the 28th of January 2024.
This where I am confused,I am not sure where my backdated payment will start from. 
Will it start from the date I was placed into LCW(4th of April)?
Or I will take off 3months from when I first declared my first sick note.

Please if anyone can help...
Thank you 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    It will start from when you first reported your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. You then have to wait 3 full assessment periods for the extra money, it's then paid from the 4th month with first payment being the end of that month. It's not paid at all during the waiting period. 

    Based on the information you gave your first payment will be either June or July 2023.

    The exact date will depend on what dates your assessment periods cover, or what date you usually receive your money each month. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.