On LCWRA - Can I go back to work full time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

On LCWRA - Can I go back to work full time

Options
BillyGoatGruff
BillyGoatGruff Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I recently was awarded LCWRA but cannot afford not to work as rent is more than my Housing Benefit and I have a lot of debt. I might be offered a role full time permanent but I’m concerned if I cannot cope with it (I’m on meds for anxiety and stress etc). Never claimed before, so all new to me. Will they take the LCWRA element of me as this role is lower paid than I’m used to but I feel the need to work to help myself mentally and financially as I’m getting into debt more and more via credit cards etc. Please advise. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is part of Universal Credit. You can work while claiming this as well as LCWRA. You will have the work allowance which means you can receive earnings of up to £379/month without it affecting your UC. For any earnings over this amount your UC will reduce by 55%.

Whether there's any entitlement to UC while working full time will totally depend on your earnings. You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=642a0e16-4beb-43c0-bdb4-2b507ceacdcb
    If you do start working you must report the changes and tell them. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BillyGoatGruff
    BillyGoatGruff Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you - will I have to be reassessed if the role doesn’t work out for me. I’m mindful about starting a new role on medication as I’ve not done it before. Confidence is at a low but financially I have no choice. Do I report before or the day I start. Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will need to wait until start working before reporting changes. If your earnings mean that your UC is reduced to zero then your claim will remain open for 6 months. You can then make a rapid reclaim by logging into your journal and the LCWRA element should still be included. 

Anymore than 6 months and you'll likely need to go through another work capability assessment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.