Hi, Recent ADHD adult diagnosis. employer is requesting a copy of the diagnosis. Is this legal?

Tommy65
Tommy65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 31 in Work
Hello, I've recently been diagnosed as an adult with ADHD and my employer is requesting a copy of the diagnosis. I didn't mind sharing my news especially as I had reached out to ask for some external support and have nothing to hide but feel its a little intrusive asking for a copy of it, am I legally obliged to do this? feels like I'm having to prove this news. Also they want to have me seen by Occupational Health, again it all feels a little 100miles an hour and not what I've asked for. Many thanks as this is all new territory for me. 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,395 Online Community Team
    Hi @Tommy65 and welcome to the community. :)

There's a fair few ADHDers on the community, so you're in good company here. I hope you're feeling ok with your diagnosis? 
      My sister also had the same request from her boss when she received her ADHD diagnosis.  I think it's just so they have a record of things and isn't anything sinister.  It can actually work in your favour when asking for reasonable adjustments in the workplace, which is often what the meeting with Occ Health is about. I hope that helps?  Maybe some more of the community will be able to share their thoughts soon? :)