Pip assessment nervous — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment nervous

Options
hanna_83
hanna_83 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, I have an assessment on Monday, I suffer for depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I was in an abusive marriage for many years but mange to get out of it, however now my mental health is suffering I am currently on Sertraline and propranolol and receiving therpy. I am also a single mother to my special needs children and my son’s carer. I am so worried about the assessment and suffering really bad anxiety due to it, I feel like they won’t awarded me as I a looking after the kids but I have no option as my kids have no one else. I have panic attacks just thinking about. Any advice will be helpful thank you Hanna. 

Comments

• han233
    han233 Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    Hi there 👋 please try not to worry because I reckon all will turn out fine 😊 it's always nerve-racking when faced with pip review.im currently getting my pip reviewed aswell. I also suffer from anxiety so I completely understand bless you. 
  • han233
    han233 Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    Plus they are their to help you.i try and ignore the negative stories online about reviews my experience of them has always been good 😊 all the best and try not to worry x
  • hanna_83
    Options
    My anxiety is getting the better of me, it’s actually a new claim, I was too scared too apply before , I have been suffering with my mental health for many years but finally got the courage to apply 🥺
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,510 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @hanna_83 and welcome to the community. :)

I totally understand the anxiety getting the better of you, but we're all here to support you if you need it.  As said above, you only ever hear about the bad assessments, not the good ones.  I've had some lovely, caring assessors before and they really put me at ease during my assessments.  
    They will be looking at how your health issues affect each of the descriptors, preferably with real life examples, so if you can answer those, you won't have a problem. Just take your time with your answers and if you're struggling, please let the assessor know. 
     But if they do turn you down, there's still the route of mandatory reconsiderations to do down, so it wont be the end of it all.  I know saying please don't worry won't help the anxiety, but we're all here if you need us. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • hanna_83
    Options
    Hi,
    My pip telephone assessment is tomorrow at 2.45pm, my anxiety is school high, I feel so restless I have no appetite, I’m so nervous I know I’m going to have a sleepless night. 😭

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.