Hi, my name is superjax! can someone tell me when I should receive my first payment of the lcwra pls — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is superjax! can someone tell me when I should receive my first payment of the lcwra pls

Options
superjax
superjax Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited February 2 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi last week I was awarded lcwra I sent my first sick note in on the 9th of November my UC gets paid on the 8th of each month can someone tell me when I should receive my first payment of the lcwra please x

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,214 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @superjax and welcome to the community!

Congratulations on your LCWRA award, I bet that's a huge relief?

Can I just ask, were your sick notes all handed in with no gaps?  
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • superjax
    Options
    Yes thy was all handed in 
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Good stuff, thanks.

So there's a three month payment cycle wait between applying and your first payment. So it'd arrive in your account on the fourth month.
    As you handed your first fit note in a day after the November cycle, the three month wait would start with  Decembers cycle I believe? so Dec, Jan, Feb, then first payment March 8th I believe? 

I'm sure one of our super smart regulars will be able to clarify?  
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • superjax
    Options
    AHH thank you for your help will update you if I receive it next month. you have a good day x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @superjax - & welcome from me also. Based on what you've said, there's 3 full months waiting period (Dec - Jan, Jan - Feb, & Feb - Mar), before the extra LCWRA element is paid. It's therefore due for your assessment period 2 March - 1 April, but, as this is paid in arrears, then you'll get your 1st payment on 8 April. This so long as you're not living with a partner who already claims the LCWRA element.
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Good stuff, glad to be of help. :)

If you wanted to stick around and chat to some like-minded folk, or play some games, I'd recommend our coffee lounge and games rooms
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • superjax
    Options
  • superjax
    Options
    Hi just a update I get my first payment of lcwra this month but I didn't get back pay is this right or will I still get bk pay later on x
  • superjax
    Options
    Not sure if I get any back pay so just after advice please anyone
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,270 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    superjax said:
    Hi just a update I get my first payment of lcwra this month but I didn't get back pay is this right or will I still get bk pay later on x
    You are not owed any money. I'm also very surprised that you received your first payment this month because based on the information you gave it's not supposed to be paid until next month. 

Does it tell you on your statement for this month that it's included?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • superjax
    Options
    Yes it does say and it was begining of November my first sick note
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,270 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In your first comment you said it was 9th November. Either way, you’re not owed any LCWRA element. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.