Dla — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla

Options
liljj_783
liljj_783 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
My scan date for dla is 23/9, rang for an update last week and was with the DM. Rang again yesterday and DM is awaiting more information from the school. When I applied my son was at primary school but has now started secondary school. His teacher form year 6 filled the form in as he really knew him now I’m worried they are going to contact his secondary school who know nothing about him to the extent his year 6 teacher knew him

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They have been known to contact schools for evidence so yes they may contact them, if they have details of his current school. All you can do at this stage is wait for the decision. Once it's made if you're not happy you can challenge that decision and ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.