LCWRA and Work Coach Query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA and Work Coach Query

Options
JakeH43
JakeH43 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hello, I’m making this discussion as I really need to know the answer. Basically I was in a single claim with LCWRA so no work coach no contact basically but Im now living with my partner so we’ve added her on etc… so now it’s a joint claim but she works 16 hours. My question is basically would there now be a work coach assigned to the claim because of my partner or would there still be no work coach (no contact) due to my LCWRA.She didn’t have any claimant commitments to accept when making the joint claim but I did have to accept a new set of commitments which had nothing on it. Please let me know asap thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your partner should be in the light touch group if earnings are more than the current AET which is set at £677/month.  It's the single person amount but because you have LCWRA you have no commitments so the couples amount doesn't apply here. 

Are you claiming a disability benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or ADP daily living? If so and no one else claims either carers element or carers allowance for looking after you then they can claim carers element of UC. It will increase your maximum UC entitlement by £185.86/month. There's no earnings limit to this like there is with carers allowance. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JakeH43
    JakeH43 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Your partner should be in the light touch group if earnings are more than the current AET which is set at £677/month.  It's the single person amount but because you have LCWRA you have no commitments so the couples amount doesn't apply here. 

Are you claiming a disability benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or ADP daily living? If so and no one else claims either carers element or carers allowance for looking after you then they can claim carers element of UC. It will increase your maximum UC entitlement by £185.86/month. There's no earnings limit to this like there is with carers allowance. 
    I believe she earns just under that amount per month but I do get PIP enhanced daily and standard mobility but my mum claims carers for me as she’s my appointee and helps me out etc., 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,833 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Then your commitments may change in the future, especially as the AET is supposed to increase to £812 sometime in the near future. For now as you have no commitments, you just continue as you are. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.