Lwcra appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwcra appeal

lozzy1008
lozzy1008 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I was awarded lcw not lwcra so I submitted MR, I didnt have the report so all I put on my MR that I wasn't I  work anymore and still only got awarded lwc. So I've submitted an appeal had a phone call off the dwp to see if there was anything else they need to know? Well the HCP from my assessment didnt write down all the correct information missed quite alot out so told the dwp all the wrong information. I've now had a message to say the dwp have responded and a letter will be in the post. Does anyone know how long this takes to come? Also if the decision was going to be advised would this of been done over the phone or will it be in that letter before the tribunal I am so confused at how this all works and get no sense on my journal or get ignored for days.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    If they were going to change the decision before they respond to the Tribunal then they would have done that by now and contacted you. As they didn't do this then your hearing will continue as normal. 

As they've now responded you will receive the "bundle" in the post, which will include DWPs response and everything else you sent to support your claim, including the UC50 form and the assessment report. 

What you should do is take a look at the descriptors for LCWRA and see if any of them may apply to you. If you think they do then you need to tell them why you think they apply. You can see them here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

For the best chance of a decision in your favour it is better to request either a telephone/video hearing or to appear in person. Paper based hearings have a very low success rate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.