LCRW who best to tag on UC journal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCRW who best to tag on UC journal

Options
Sim7777
Sim7777 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi, I have been off continually sick since Jan 2023 - I never knew about LCRW until November when the Job Centre was calling me in thinking I was unemployed - although was on long term sick leave and had left this in my journal numerous times (on UC). I am now still waiting to hear about LCRW and had the assesment last week - the guy on the phone sounded positive but you never know I suppose.

When I was really ill I was not in a good place and not aware of the attaching sick notes and missed a month - even though I was communicating on the journal my situation and they were responding - I did not receive emails to say fit note expiring and I was also in a rehab for 2 months with regular access online. I explained to work coach I was very unwell and alone and had no idea what I was meant to be doing as thought its was all SSP. I know you have to have uploaded continues sick notes for any backpayment and this is where I messed up. I have all the proof and it shows throughout my journal - I tried to tell Work Coach and emailed him on journal but he just said cant do anything now ( few months back) - as I am now awaiting decision I wanted to send note to look at this but there does not seem anything to choose in the list on UC? Any idea who I contact - send proof too?

Thanks and apologies for the long winded post! x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best thing to do is wait for the decision and if found to have LCWRA wait to see when they start the extra money from. Even if you did ask now a work coach could give you incorrect information. 

When did you actually start providing fit notes continuously? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sim7777
    Options
    Thanks that definitely makes sense. So unfortunately I missed one month in April and one month in September 2023 then they have continues from mid October until now. Therefore if I did get awarded I take it not entitled to any back pay as only 4 months by the time I know? Thank you
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision on when it's paid from. If you were in hospital at the time the fit notes were due then I would be asking if you can provide a backdated fit note for that. Of course you need to wait for the decision first. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Sim7777
    Options
    Thanks so much Poppy - you are so generous to take the time to help. x
  • Sim7777
    Options
    Following on from my previous post I am happy and very relieved that I have been awareded LCRW. I then wrote a long note on the journal explaining how I had been signed off for over a year with continues sick note but not all uplodated as I thought as getting sick pay etc and said in journal my circumstances all above board - plus how sick I was and had no clue about LCW or benefits with UC etc. UC wrote back saying I could do a mandatory reconsideration and then attach further proof - i.e the sick notes...I replied saying would that risk getting the LCRW but I have had no reply? I suppose I should wait for the actual letter - but it seems to much of a gamble? Although if I did get the back payments, even some would basically save my dire financial situation until I am able to work again. Thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sim7777 said:
     I suppose I should wait for the actual letter - but it seems to much of a gamble? 
    What letter are you waiting for? If you've received the decision letter for the WCA on your journal then you won't receive a letter in the post. Those that have access to a journal do not receive letters in the post because your UC is a digital claim. 

Requesting the MR on not to start the waiting period from an earlier date will have no affect on the WCA decision. 
  • Sim7777
    Options
    Thanks Poppy - Oh I didnt realise it was all online - thank you for making that clear. So you think if I request a MR they wont then decide its not limited capacity ( no health change) but just review my notes and probably say no - but I am thinking it is worth a try. Sorry one last question - do you think they would still start paying the LCRW which I believe would be end of Feb as the 4th month but delay if there is any owing? Or if I request an MR all will stop - sorry if too complicated! Thank you and have a good evening.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thinking about this more, at the moment you don't have anything to ask the MR for because you've only just had the decision. If money is owed then it often takes quite a few weeks to pay this anyway so you need to wait to see what happens. 

What date exactly did your fit notes start to be continuous? and what date do you usually receive your money each month?

If you do go onto request the MR it will not affect the LCWRA decision because that's not what you'll be challenging. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.