PIP claim relay uk — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP claim relay uk

Options
cait02
cait02 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I've been suggested by my cmht support worker to make a PIP claim, and him and my CPN will help me fill the form when I receive it. however I have really bad anxiety when it comes to phone calls due to being autistic and having auditory processing issues , so calling up the DWP feels impossible. I know they have the Relay UK thing but I'm not sure if anxiety and auditory processing issues are reason enough to use it because it's not listed as a reason to use it...
has anyone with anxiety or autism had an experience with using Relay UK for making a PIP claim?
Tagged:

Comments

• yanni
    yanni Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering
    Options

You can absolutely use it. 

If you have difficulty processing auditory information and communicating in writing is easier for you I can’t see how that is  any different from someone, like me, who struggles to understand auditory information because they are deaf or have hearing loss.

When the Relay assistant connects to the DWP they simply explain that the person calling has hearing or speech difficulties, nothing more. No-one is going to question why you are using it.

Just to add that if you need to select an option (1,2 etc) you need to type the option you want on the Relay screen not by pressing your phone number pad. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.