PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Alan0913
Alan0913 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I had my assessment  on 02 Jan.2024.  They recieved my report on the 05th Jan 2024. I was told by my assessor I would hear from PiP people in about 4nto 5 weeks. I have been told by people 8 weeks, possibly 12 weeks. I rang the pip helpline today, asking for a update. Was told a letter had been sent.out, but that they could not give me a decision. You hear of people receiving information after phoning, about they are going to get pip, how much and for how.long. today I am feeling negative. Guess I will have to wait for my letter and see the outcome. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,188 Disability Gamechanger
    A decision may not have been made. It may just be one of those letters with an update to tell you they either haven't yet made a decision or they have all the information they need to make a decision. 

On the other hand, if a decision has been made then it takes up to 24 hours for them to be able to see what that decision was on the system. So if a decision had only been made today, they won't see it until tomorrow. They would only be able to tell you that a letter has been sent out to you. You can ring back tomorrow to ask and if they can see it they should be able to tell you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alan0913
    Thankyou Poppy, I will wait for the letter, my wife thinks the interview went well, she recieves pip. I never went pip for the money side. I decided to go pip, because my ankle has stopped working, and I have been struggling of late. Normally i just get on with it. Thanks for your reply. It is the 5th week from my assessment. So faster than the normal 8 weeks. 
  • Alan0913
    I will post the decision, once the letter arrives. I have had previous texts, letters, that they have not made a decision and that they have all the information that need to make a decision. 
  • Alan0913
    I have a appointment with my doctor/surgeon on Thursday. If I do not get my decision on pip by then. Do I inform pip, if it is decided I need surgery on my ankle? Thank you in anticipation. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.