ESA appointment .. help needed — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA appointment .. help needed

Options
aliuk96
aliuk96 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all 
I need some help , I’m feeling very anxious as tomorrow (6th of February 2024) I have an appointment at my local job centre . Can someone help me on how do I get put into the support group .. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression . Does anyone know what kind of question they will ask I’m so anxious about tomorrow . Help ….
Mental health matters 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,892 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is this a new claim appointment? It's very unusual for a work capability assessment to take place at your local job centre. 

If it's a new claim appointment then you will just be asked to agree to your claimant commitments and that's all it is. 

For the Support Group you will need to go through the work capability assessment first. They will send you the ESA50 form to fill in and return with all your supporting evidence. From there an assessment is most likely because most people have them. 

You can see the Support Group descriptors here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-glossary/support-group-descriptors
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • aliuk96
    aliuk96 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Is this a new claim appointment? It's very unusual for a work capability assessment to take place at your local job centre. 

If it's a new claim appointment then you will just be asked to agree to your claimant commitments and that's all it is. 

For the Support Group you will need to go through the work capability assessment first. They will send you the ESA50 form to fill in and return with all your supporting evidence. From there an assessment is most likely because most people have them. 

You can see the Support Group descriptors here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-glossary/support-group-descriptors
    It it a new claim for esa … sorry I forgot  to put that 🤦‍♀️😂 

Im so anxious about tomorrow … 
    Mental health matters 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,892 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be a very straight forward appointment to just agree to your commitments, which will only be to agree to report changes. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 999 Pioneering
    Options

Hi how was the appointment on 6th February?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.