Hi, my name is Emma36! Universal credit check — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Emma36! Universal credit check

Options
Emma36
Emma36 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 7 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, this is abit of a dilemma.
Firstly my daughter has autism. She receives universal credit and has been on it  for about 13 months. She had the first payment paid into my bank account which they allow but has continued.to do so.
universal credit want proof of 4 months statements.
We have drawn money out randomly and spent on things she needs. No reciepts
Never used this debit card to buy stuff, only ever withdrawn it money personally.
my daughter has difficulties with understanding things and money. I have been trying to teach her how to use the machines.
She accumulated a bit of money, so transferred £3500 into another bank for higher interest.
Some of this is mine and some is for housekeeping for year. 
Once I done this , she had a message from UC to do check.
worried as this may look suspicious!
my Daughter doesn’t use cards PayPal due to her difficulties.
i never realised you had to keep proof and was never told this!
Feeling very worried, any help , advise would be appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This will be a review of her UC claim, which they are doing at random for many people. You will need to send them what they've asked for. Providing she hasn't gone over £6,000 (lower savings limit before deductions) in savings at anytime then it should be fine. Over £16,000 and her UC will stop. 

She can spend her UC on anything she wants to. You don't need to keep proof of anything, it's just this is a review and doesn't always happen. 

The cost of living payments are disregarded from savings indefinitely so they do not count towards the limit. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,213 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Emma36, looks like Poppy is already on the case with some good advice, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the community :) 

I'll pop your post over to our Universal Credit boards in case you need any more support. I hope that's okay!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Emma36
    Emma36 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Rosie-Scope yes that’s fine .thanks
  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 315 Pioneering
    edited February 7
    Options
    https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit-reviews

These are routine checks and nothing to worry about.

Once they have the statements they will book a phone appointment to check you haven't got any other money and maybe some questions about transactions on the statements.
    DWP currently are doing 2 million of these checks, with just over 5 million on UC that is quite a percentage of people that will have one. 

If you browse through the UC section here there are quite a few topics on the subject. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.