PIP assessment waiting time for report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment waiting time for report

Options
Catie39
Catie39 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello I’m new to the group and just wondering if any one can give me any advice as my anxiety is eating me up. 

I applied for pip back in November I had my assessment two weeks and one day ago. It was very long and drawn out and my anxiety got the better of me. 
Ive been extremely stressed and chewed up ever since and to top it off I’ve rang several times for a copy of the report and I’m been told it’s still not back from the assessor which is making me even worse after reading most people have received a text within 48hrs letting them know their report is back. 

Has anybody had a similar experience ? 

Thanks Catie 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It maybe in an audit. Sometimes reports are chosen at random for an audit. If this happens it delays them returning it because it won’t be returned until the audit has been completed.

You can ring the assessors and ask if it’s been returned. If it’s in an audit they will tell you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • slamdunk23
    slamdunk23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi I'm Jamie & I suffer from severe anxiety it's not very good at the moment I cancel appointments don't go out of anything when I go out I feel like everyone is looking at me judging me,
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,446 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Catie39, welcome to the community. I hope Poppy's reply has helped reduce your anxiety a little bit and you're able to get things cleared up :) just wanted to say hello and welcome! 

Hi @slamdunk23, welcome too! Sorry to hear your anxiety isn't so good at the moment, it's not easy. Is there anything that helps you when you're feeling very anxious about things? I hope things start getting better for you soon.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.