PiP tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP tribunal

Options
Biggy2020
Biggy2020 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited February 8 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’m in the process of a tribunal any advice would be great 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,088 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Biggy2020
    I'm sorry to hear you’re having to go to Tribunal for your people claim. did your Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) Have any impact on your original award at all?

Can I ask what stage you are currently at with your appeal and have you applied or got a date for it yet?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Biggy2020
    Options
    Hi Adrian thank you for getting back to me.
    i gained two points on the mandatory reconsideration and have just had the paperwork back from PIP confirming that I am at tribunal appeal stage and they will be in touch with me by 10th March.

Also I have been to my GP to ask for evidence for my appeal which they said they would print for me but on the mandatory reconsideration notice PIP have stated that they made their decision based on the information gained from the GP but the GP hasn’t given them any? 

Kind regards

shaun
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,886 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In a previous thread you said you did apply for PIP previously but were refused, is that correct? If so then they may have contacted your GP that time and have used that to make their decision this time. It has been known for them to use evidence from a previous claim. 

In my opinion a GP letter isnt the best evidence to send anyway because they don’t spend anytime with you to know exactly how your health conditions affect you. They don’t see you eat, dress, wash etc etc. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biggy2020
    Options
    So I’m screwed then 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What makes you say that? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not at all. Your own evidence is more important than medical evidence as PIP is about your functional ability to reliably attempt/do any of the descriptors that apply to yourself. As poppy says, your GP won't see you do any of the daily living activities; they may provide any diagnoses, but these aren't needed for PIP either.
    There will be a judge, a Dr., & someone with an understanding about disability with your tribunal; they'll just want to listen to you, as only you truly know the difficulties you face.
  • Biggy2020
    Options
    I can’t tell them anymore than i have and still got know where 
  • Biggy2020
    Options
    And as for tribunal I don’t manage well in them situations 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Could you have someone with you just for support when you have your tribunal? Just because it didn't go so well before doesn't mean the same will happen again. It will be completely different people with this tribunal remember.
    I appreciate that tribunals will likely be stressful for many people, but in what way did you find a tribunal difficult, or what are your concerns for this one?
    Do you think you can describe the difficulties you face the majority of the time, which is what a tribunal need to understand?
  • Biggy2020
    Options
    I’m angry with them and there decisions when I know there are people out there that have lied to the back teeth and got there’s so I wouldn’t be able to keep my mouth shut 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    I can understand being angry that you have had difficulty with a previous tribunal, but probably best to concentrate on where you feel you should have got points & why. So many people have invisible disorders, & very, very few people claim any benefits fraudently.

• Biggy2020
    Options
    Il get wife to talk for me thanks for replying 👍
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Biggy2020 said:
    I’m angry with them and there decisions when I know there are people out there that have lied to the back teeth and got there’s so I wouldn’t be able to keep my mouth shut 
    I’m sorry but it really gets to me when I see things like this. How do you know that someone is lying to claim PIP? 

Can you honestly say that you know exactly how anyone’s health conditions affect them? I know I can’t. 

Hidden disabilities do actually exist and just because someone may look ok on the outside, doesn’t mean they are ok on the inside. 

I claim PIP and i can do the majority of things BUT I can’t do them regularly or reliably and I certainly can’t do them without a considerable amount of pain. I look fine but that’s far from what I actually feel every single day.

Please concentrate on your own claim and not what anyone else claims because this isn’t going to help you. 

As you claimed before and were refused then there must either be weaknesses in your evidence or you don’t qualify. I’m not saying you don’t qualify of course because I have no idea exactly how your conditions affect you. Though you can have a disability but not qualify for PIP because if you don’t meet the descriptors, you won’t score enough of points needed for an award. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.