Adding partner to UC claim on a fiancé visa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adding partner to UC claim on a fiancé visa

Options
Mayzem
Mayzem Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi just wondering if anyone can help me, I recently added my Fiancé to my claim as advised as she moved in with me and is on a fiancé visa and can't claim benefits or work.

I am in receipt of LCWRA and now we have a joint claim and she has an interview Tuesday (standard identity) does anyone know if I'll still get my payments while we wait for this? My statement date is also Tuesday the 13th and payment date 17th will this affect it ?(History has cleared and I can't see old statements or payments) will it now be a new claim!?

Really can't afford to lose a month's money and they aren't very helpful or clear they just told me I must make a joint claim even though my Fiancé can't claim money or work on her fiance visa.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You were advised correctly if you live together, you must claim as a couple. If she has no recourse to public funds. (NRPF) then you must tell UC this, if you haven't already. 

When going from single to joint claim or vice versa, all your history on your claim will be cleared. You will keep the same assessment periods and payment date you have previously. Hopefully your next statement will be produced without issues and then you'll receive your usual payment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mayzem
    Options
    You were advised correctly if you live together, you must claim as a couple. If she has no recourse to public funds. (NRPF) then you must tell UC this, if you haven't already. 

When going from single to joint claim or vice versa, all your history on your claim will be cleared. You will keep the same assessment periods and payment date you have previously. Hopefully your next statement will be produced without issues and then you'll receive your usual payment. 
    I see thanks. Got a feeling they won't pay this month then 🤦‍♂️ really stupid how they do this as they don't seem to acknowledge the NRPF and are asking us to bring things that are impossible even though I've told them.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully you will receive your payment as normal. What evidence are they asking you to take in? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mayzem
    Options
    Hopefully you will receive your payment as normal. What evidence are they asking you to take in? 
    Hope so as you'd think it should only be a problem with her payment if she was eligible.. and they want council tax bills etc when she only has a passport with her visa in, we are even struggling to open her a bank account at the moment and we haven't had time to get her name on any bills yet.
  • Mayzem
    Options
    They just answered me and said my lcwra will continue but didn't answer if I'll be paid this month and also ask for 3 forms of I.d which isn't possible when she's only just entered the country and we can't even open her a bank account 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.