Bank statements — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bank statements

Options
han233
han233 Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
Eesa have asked me for bank statements and savings account statements which I don't mind sending in it's just been a stressful couple of weeks getting all my statements together but finally getting there.i was given backdated money from DWP in 2018 and they're just checking that the money I had in savings account is left over from the backdated money which it is.hopefully it's sorted out by next week, the guy who has been dealing with this has been really nice and understanding which is good 😊 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm glad it's been a mostly positive experience for you @han233, thanks for keeping us updated. :) 
    Getting statements together is never fun at the best of times!
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    han233 said:
    Eesa have asked me for bank statements and savings account statements which I don't mind sending in it's just been a stressful couple of weeks getting all my statements together but finally getting there.i was given backdated money from DWP in 2018 and they're just checking that the money I had in savings account is left over from the backdated money which it is.hopefully it's sorted out by next week, the guy who has been dealing with this has been really nice and understanding which is good 😊 
    Damn , they wanted Bank statements going back to 2018? That’s a lot . 
  • han233
    Options
  • han233
    Options
    Apparently you can only have under six thousand in savings without it effecting ESA I never knew this 
  • letitbe
    Options
    han233 said:
    Apparently you can only have under six thousand in savings without it effecting ESA I never knew this 
    Yes 6k and below you don’t have to tell them anything but and over 6k you need to tell them and if it’s over 16k then entitlement to benefits will stop.
    did you have much over 6k ? 
  • letitbe
    edited February 10
    Options
    Also if you have over 6k and tell them whenever you spend on big items that take you below 6k it’s best to keep receipts because they can question what you spent the money on, same if you have over 16k. 
  • han233
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    han233 said:
    That will depend on which ESA you're claiming. Only Income Related is means tested. The old contributions based and New style are not means tested.

letitbe said:
    han233 said:
    Yes 6k and below you don’t have to tell them anything but and over 6k you need to tell them and if it’s over 16k then entitlement to benefits will stop.
    Not all benefits are means tested. Disability benefits such as PIP/DLA/AA and ADP are not. Same for contributions based/New style and those that are still claiming Tax credits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • han233
    Options
    The man who is dealing with this has said that one I have sent bank account statements etc that will be the end of it 😊
  • letitbe
    Options
    han233 said:
    Hopefully it’ll be sorted out soon han233, I don’t think you’re the only person who hasn’t realised to inform them when savings go over 6k. 
  • letitbe
    Options
    han233 said:
    That will depend on which ESA you're claiming. Only Income Related is means tested. The old contributions based and New style are not means tested.

letitbe said:
    han233 said:
    Not all benefits are means tested. Disability benefits such as PIP/DLA/AA and ADP are not. Same for contributions based/New style and those that are still claiming Tax credits.
    Oh yes I forget some benefits are not affected by savings . 
  • han233
    Options
    I've finally got all my bank statements ready and took some sorting out lol just waiting on final savings statement to come in the post then I can get them sent off 👍🙂

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.