Telephone assessment in the morning — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone assessment in the morning

Options
hughie1
hughie1 Community member Posts: 42 Connected
My rescheduled reassessment / review is in the morning. 

First, please give me some last minute tips. I don't know what I will do if this goes wrong. Can't cope with that again. Got so much riding on this. It's my first review since 2016/17.

Second, I want to know if you know whether the assessor or the DWP will have contacted my GP for information. Say, about what medication I'm on, for example.

Third, this is a reschedule. And when I was rescheduling the guy told me it would be a new assessor this time. I asked about the questionnaire and extra information I sent. He said they'll probably read it 15m before. 

I sent a lot of papers. How can they read everything so quick? Do these papers not matter? Is everything riding on the interview and subsequent report?

Will the DWP decision maker read all the information I sent? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,730 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    One make sure if using a mobile its fully charged, never answer any question with a yes or no, go into detail. Unlikely they will contact your GP they rarely do, did you not send a copy of your prescription in ? If you sent "a lot of papers" they won't be able to read them so quickly, but the DWP decision maker might spend more time on them.
    Once the assessment has been done and the report sent to the DWP expect to wait unto 8-12 weeks for a final decision.

Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @hughie1

Good luck with your assessment :) Please keep us updated! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • hughie1
    Options
    Thank you. 

Had assessment. Lasted about 1 hour. Don't know if that means anything. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The length of time the assessment took doesn't mean anything at all other than they had no further questions to ask. Once a decision is made you will be sent the decision letter, which can take up to 12 weeks after the report is returned. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hughie1
    Options
    Guys I have received the letter. I think it's good news. Can you please confirm. 

https://ibb.co/dccvtkB

Is this it. Positive outcome. Done with? I can relax now? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, that means you’ve been placed into the Support Group. Now you can relax, great news! 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hughie1
    Options
    Thank you. Any idea or way of knowing how long until the next assessment? I thought I'd receive a report or something. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Support Group is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. Decision letters never tell you any timescales. 

They will not automatically send out the report and if you want a copy you need to ring ESA to ask. In the report it will give an award length in either short, medium or long term, it will not tell you any specific timeframes. This is because it's ongoing. 

Best thing to do for now is to forget about it, if possible and move on. At least you can relax for now. 
  • hughie1
    Options
    But I don't have to worry about it for at least a year? 
  • hughie1
    Options
    What the shortest? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In normal times you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months. Though at the moment, it's not normal times because those that are in the Support Group haven't yet started their reviews, as far as I'm aware. With the exception of selected few that were reviewed last summer.
  • hughie1
    Options
    In normal times you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months. Though at the moment, it's not normal times because those that are in the Support Group haven't yet started their reviews, as far as I'm aware. With the exception of selected few that were reviewed last summer.

I waited 5 or 6 years for this review. You're saying it could be 3 months? 
  • hughie1
    Options
    I got this message today. Why if I already got the decision letter? 
  • verityc
    verityc Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    Options
    Sounds like it's crossed with the your outcome source you got. I wouldn't take any notice of it. Same sort of thing happened with my pip
  • poppy123456
    Options
    hughie1 said:

Yes but as i advised it’s unlikely to happen due to them still not reviewing those that are in the Support group.

hughie1 said:
    Unless what you received was the annual uprating letter but I looked like a decision letter to me. 

For confirmation you could ring them to ask. 
  • hughie1
    Options
    hughie1 said:

Yes but as i advised it’s unlikely to happen due to them still not reviewing those that are in the Support group.

hughie1 said:
    Unless what you received was the annual uprating letter but I looked like a decision letter to me. 

For confirmation you could ring them to ask. 
    1. I was in support group and I got reviewed. 
    2. https://ibb.co/jZkpCZ3
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yup. that's what I thought. It looks like a decision letter to me. The text may have been sent in error. You can ring ESA to ask. Those texts for ESA are very new and they've only very recently started sending them. 
  • hughie1
    Options
    My first instinct was it was a delayed automated text. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yup it could have been that too. I've also seen a lot of error texts being sent from DWP in the last week or so on here. To be honest, I've no idea what is going on. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.