pip question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip question

Options
telstar
telstar Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi  wondered if anyone could give me any help I had to give up work a while ago due to ill health I have an ulcerated colitus condition plus osteoarthritus plus a few other things ive been on as much antiinflammitory tablet as is possible to take plus immunosuppressents anyway about 13 tablets a day and now moved onto injections in stomuch as I was still passing blood I cant goto shops without car as I cant walk very far I have applied for pip twice and been turned down but dwp says unfit to work
any help would be appreciated

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,116 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is not about your ability to work. People claim PIP and work. Neither is it about a diagnosis.

Have you ever challenged the decision? If not is there any reason why? To constantly reapply using the same evidence you previously used is likely to see more refusals.

My advice is to challenge the decision by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration and then Tribunal if needed.

When exactly was the last decision made? If it was within the last 13 months then you still have time to request the MR. If outside the 1 month then you will need to tell them why you didn’t request it within the first month. If they refuse you just proceed to Tribunal. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.