Bank details changed- evidence requested — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bank details changed- evidence requested

Janemet Community member Posts: 15 Listener
I’m in the process of changing banks, I changed the details online last night. This morning I’ve been asked to attend an appointment in the morning to provide more evidence. That’s it. No other details.
What do they need to see??! I’m not very mobile, it’s really short notice. Feel like changing it’s more hassle than it’s worth!! 


  • fabbydabby1
    fabbydabby1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    When I changed mine all they wanted to see was the bank card & it had the account details on it so they would match what you put.
    my appointment lasted less than 1 minute 
    hope this helps
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,184 Scope online community team
    Hiya @Janemet.  I understand the concern, they often don't give a great deal of information, but as Fabbydabby1 has said, they just want to make sure the new details are correct and the account is yours, it's basically to stop any chances of identify theft. 
    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
    This is standard procedure when changing banks when you claim UC. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.