Still waiting for tribunal date listed since December 23 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still waiting for tribunal date listed since December 23

Options
karen19862
karen19862 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
Out of interest how long did you wait from listing to receive your tribunal hearing please.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @karen19862 unfortunately that's like asking "how long is a piece of string" as it can wildly vary.  I think my last wait time for tribunal was 2 months?  But that was a couple of years ago. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • karen19862
    Options
    Thank you it's killing me waiting as it was listed for 11th December but for some reason they didn't inform me or go ahead with it.
    I have been told it has been listed since December so hopefully I will get my date soon.
    I'm literally bricking it now so god knows how I will feel when I do get it.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Oh the waiting is THE worst bit I think! Have you been able to speak to anyone about why the last listing was cancelled? It might be worth giving them a call.
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • karen19862
    Options
    Yeah they had it down as paper based but it's still showing on my app as 11th Dec but they can't see that at their side. I have everything ready just in case but I will probably go to bits when the time comes.
    I have sent extra evidence of letters from my husband and daughter as well as photos so hopefully I stand a bit of a chance.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yeah they had it down as paper based 
    Have you requested a paper based heating? Are you aware that the success of those is extremely low at only about 5-8%. Far more chance of success if you either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing and then it's about 68% success rate. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • karen19862
    Options
    No i requested telephone. I think that's why they didn't go ahead.
  • karen19862
    Options
    Help!! I have my case still waiting for tribunal.
    But today after a year of messing about trying to get answers from my gp they have confirmed I have osteoarthritis  in both my neck and back! I put this down to fibro but it's both.
    Now if I tell the tribunal this will it be classed as a new illness or not.
    Advice before I send anymore info.
    Pretty please
  • poppy123456
    Options
    A diagnosis is not a change. If you already had the symptoms then you can send the diagnosis but please note, PIP isn't about a diagnosis. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • karen19862
    Options
    Thank you Poppy I'm more worried about the more evidence I give  the more I will be pushed to the end of the queue x
  • karen19862
    Options
    To be honest I thought it would be an op and problem solved but it's not. Truly gutted!
  • karen19862
    Options
    So I've been onto hmcts this morning after receiving a letter from Lord Bellamy (via my local mp) which states the waiting time in my area is 30 weeks!
    I'm actually on 34 weeks now and no further forward. Hmcts have said they will put down that I am willing to take short notice for a call from them.
    Anyone else had a short notice call?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Waiting times are only a guide and nothing more. Backlogs and each individual cases also cause delays. Many people are waiting 10+months for a hearing date. 

Once a date becomes available you will be contacted. 

• karen19862
    Options
    Thanks poppy x
  • karen19862
    Options
    Finally I have a date x it will be 9 months since I applied to tribunal and 16 months since I applied.
    Do I focus on the reasons I applied for tribunal ? As I sent them a full explanation of how my day to day living is without needing to go through all my bundle?
    Advise please 
    Thank you 

• poppy123456
    Options
    They will ask you questions related to how your conditions affect you. You will need to answer those but please note that any worsening of condition will not be taken into consideration. 

You should have already gone through the bundle to make sure everything is there. You also need to have that with you on the day of the hearing so you have it to refer back to, if needed. 

You may not have a decision on the day of the hearing, if this happens it doesn't mean you weren't successful. They will send you the decision letter usually within a few day. If you were able to track it online some members have been able to log in a few hours later and see that decision. 

Good luck. 
  • karen19862
    Options
    Thank you poppy x I've only added recent mri information and photos of my bathing washing and toilet facilities which weren't in my bundle there was medical notes which I sent myself as dwp lost the ones I sent.

• poppy123456
    Options
    Photos are never the best evidence to send because how will they know that it’s your bathroom? It could be anyone’s and that doesn’t really tell them anything about how your conditions affect you. 
  • karen19862
    Options
    Aww thank you x I thought it may help but never mind I will just focus on my ability to do everyday things x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.