Advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice

Options
mk1
mk1 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Family members are so mixed up. I don’t know what to do. My mother died in 2011. Now my family members are saying that is when I gave up working because of my condition when it was till 2017.We are not close but this is really bringing me down as they will not believe me. I could prove it but do not feel I should. How could they confuse 6 years 

Comments

• mk1
    Options
    I just want to say I have felt nothing but love and support from all of you since joining thank you❤️from my heart to all of yours 
  • EDW
    EDW Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi sweetheart.  Try getting outside trustworthy support for this difficult time your going through. You've done really well accessing this forum and reaching out to the scope community. Losing a parent can be really tough to come to terms with and the time it takes differs from person to person.  Your family should recognise this but reach out to charities like this one. CALM charity have a really good online support chat. Look them up and have a good chat with them
     They are amazingly supportive. I used them this week in an hour of need and they really helped me get clarity and direction on how to deal with the situation I was in. Take good care x
  • mk1
    Options
  • EDW
    EDW Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Your more than welcome x
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @mk1

Welcome to the community! I am so sorry to hear it has been a difficult time for you with your family. I see the community has come out in support <3 If we can help in any way please don't hesitate to reach out. 

I agree with EDW that there are great charities out there like CALM, SHOUT and Mind if you need someone to speak to :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mk1
    Options
    i hope everyone has a great weekend.And to everyone who has just joined your in a good safe place . Surrounded by people in same circumstances and know the hurdles and obstacles we all go through in a daily basis

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.