Hi, my name is lynn68! My daughter has been offered an apprenticeship. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lynn68! My daughter has been offered an apprenticeship.

Options
lynn68
lynn68 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 16 in Work and employment

Comments

• lynn68
    lynn68 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    My daughter is 18 she has been on pip for over a year she now been offered an apprenticeship in child care my daughter is autistic with severe anxiety I am also told she has a slight learning disability due to the autism.  Could you tell me if she’s able to keep her pip as they are wanting full time off her however due to the fact her first language is welsh they will let her work what she can cope with. She did not cope with primary school herself or high school or the autism unit or college so this is hopefully going to be her saving grace working with small children as she does have a nack with small children they seem to gravitate towards her.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lynn68

Working does not affect PIP as it is not a means-tested benefit. A lot of people work full time and claim PIP.

I am so happy to hear she has been offered this apprenticeship and they are offering support too. I hope she has a brilliant first day, please keep us updated <3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.