Hi can someone give me advice thank you about lwrca — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi can someone give me advice thank you about lwrca

Nadine14 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
My son is on lwrca and universal credits as he has adhd and bad anxiety he’s wants try get a job.He been passed onto a employer that supports teenagers like him my worry is that he won’t be able to stay at it and loose his benefits does anyone know how many hours you can work on lwrca til he sees if he can cope with this thank you 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
    People do work while claiming UC with LCWRA as there's no maximum amount of hours you can work. If he does start working he needs to report a change of circumstances and tell them he's working.

    He will have the work allowance, which means a certain amount of earnings will be ignored each month before the 55% deductions apply. If he claims for help with the rent it will be £379/month, if he doesn't it will be £631/month. 

    He just needs to be aware that if the work he does contradicts the reasons why he's claiming LCWRA then it could go against him when he's next reviewed but people certainly do work while claiming LCWRA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.