Hi, my name is sue6444! Is it normal to wait this long after partner's UC50 form was received? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sue6444! Is it normal to wait this long after partner's UC50 form was received?

sue6444 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 19 in Universal Credit (UC)
My partner filled in the UC50 form at the end of October last year. It was confirmed as received but to date has not received any further communication or a date for an assessment. Is this a normal timescale or should he chase it up? If so who should he speak to? 
Would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you


  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,213 Scope online community team
    Hi @sue6444 welcome to the community. Hope you're doing well today :)

    Sometimes it can be a long while before they get back to you, but you could try ringing the Universal Credit helpline to see if they can clear things up at all. 

    I'll pop your post over to our Universal Credit section where more members with similar experiences can hopefully share their timelines with you. 
    Rosie (she/her)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sue6444
    sue6444 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you Rosie. Will try and contact them. He applied for PIP quite a few weeks after completing the UC50 form and heard from them last week that he had been awarded PIP. Was expecting that to take longer than the UC50 form!!!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,118 Disability Gamechanger
    It can take as long as several months sometimes for the work capability assessment. 

    I don't advise you to ring the helpline to ask them because they won't be able to give any information his file is still with the Health Assessment Advisory Service. (HAAS) It will be these he will need to contact. Their contact details are here. contact-us UC have nothing to do with the assessment process itself, this will be down to HAAS. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sue6444
    sue6444 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you for the advise and contact details Poppy, much appreciated.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.