Hi, my name is AndrewB03! Any feedback on my accessible milk pitcher design? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AndrewB03! Any feedback on my accessible milk pitcher design?

Options
AndrewB03
AndrewB03 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

I hope you don't mind me posting this in here:

I'm a Product Design Engineering student at the University of Glasgow in Scotland, and was tasked with designing a product to make a chosen area of the hospitality industry more accessible for persons suffering from a chosen category of physical impairment.

As a barista myself, I wanted to design a product that would hopefully aid those with tremor in pouring steamed milk into coffee cups more easily, so I designed a stand that you can rest a milk pitcher on, and the idea is that the stand would stop shaking of the pitcher from side to side and would help with making a more steady flow of milk into a coffee cup. The stand is able to raise and lower, and can tilt forward and backwards to pour the milk. Being able to pour latte art was a big aim as well, and I hope that the movement capabilities will allow for a simple heart pattern to be made.

I was hoping that I could get some feedback/constructive criticism on the design so I can develop it further. If you like it, great! But if you hate the idea, please say! I wont take it personally at all, and would greatly appreciate any honest feedback so I can develop the design in the future.

Thank you so much for reading!

Andrew :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.