LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
MissCT8676
MissCT8676 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
Hi I got awarded LCWRA October 2022 it doesn’t say on the award how long I’ve been awarded for is that normal? How long do you get it for? 
Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,485 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, it's perfectly normal because decision letters do not give timescales. This is because there's no end date to LCWRA as it's an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. 

When it's time for a review you will receive a letter on your journal telling you they are referring you for another WCA. A few days later you will receive the UC50 form in the post. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MissCT8676
    MissCT8676 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    Options
    So then do you have to re apply? Or do they send out an assessment date? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You don't reapply as such, it's a re-assessment but you need to fill out the UC50 form as you did the first time. Yes, another assessment is most likely because most people have them. Paper based assessments are rare but possible. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jonnyc
    Jonnyc Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Options
    You could request a copy of your Medical Report UC85. It can be requested on your UC Journal. It is always useful to have a copy for your own records.

The report will contain what is known as the 'prognosis period' which will give an indication as to when a review ( reassessment ) might be considered in the opinion of the medical professional.

It is important to stress that this is only a 'suggested' time frame - the DWP decision maker only uses it as a guide when awarding LCWRA or LCW and they could possibly come to a different conclusion.

As Poppy has said your claim will remain ongoing and it is better not to reflect too much on when a review might occur.

Best wishes 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Jonnyc said:

The report will contain what is known as the 'prognosis period' which will give an indication as to when a review ( reassessment ) might be considered in the opinion of the medical professional.

The only issue with that is, it will only tell you whether it's short, medium or long term. 
  • Jonnyc
    Jonnyc Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Options
    You are absolutely right Poppy - though a period of months has also been known to be written in certain medical reports as previous posters on this forum have mentioned.

'A return to work is unlikely in the short, medium or longer term' ( delete the words as applicable ) is a common phrasing. 

Having the report might tell the claimant if they have been deemed to have such severe functional disability that would preclude any further assessment - the so-called Severe Conditions category 

However, as I understand it from reading this forum even those with greatly disabling conditions receive LCWRA award letters that leave open the possibility for a further assessment at some future date.

Much better for us all to live in the moment and let tomorrow take care of itself. 

Best wishes.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.