LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
poppiecat
poppiecat Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, both me and my husband get LCWRA. He is 66 in April so i understand that his will end. I am 59 so will we still get the £139.01 a month?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is part of UC, if you’re living together then you can’t both be receiving the LCWRA element because you can only receive one per claim. 

Before I advise further are you claiming UC as a couple? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppiecat
    Options
    To be honest i am not too sure, we both had to fill forms in, we both had an assesment and we both got a letter each to say we have both been awarded it but we have just had 1 payment of £139.01, that went into hubbys bank account, i didnt get anything in my account.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm assuming you're living together, if you are then yes you should be claiming as a couple. I have no idea what that payment of £139.01 is for and you must be having some deductions in your claim because that amount doesn't make sense. You can log into your journal and check your statements to see what exactly is included. Although you both have LCWRA you will only be entitled to 1 payment. 

When claiming as a couple, only one of you will receive the payment, unless you've specifically asked for your payment to be split into 2 so you each receive half the monthly amount. This isn't automatically done so wouldn't happen unless you ask them.

Has your partner claimed their state pension? If not then they need to do that. Once they reach state pension age you will be known as a mixed aged couple and your joint UC claim will continue. They need to make sure they report changes and tell them that they are now state pension age, just incase they don't action that. 

Your partners state pension will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement. Whether there's any entitlement to UC at the time will depend on your joint circumstances. 

Are either of you claiming a disability benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppiecat
    Options
    Yes we are living together. I get both lower rates of PIP and hubby gets the lower rate of PIP living rate.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then one of you will receive the LCWRA element and the other can claim carers element of UC. To claim carers element you need to report a change of circumstances and click caring for someone. They will then include the carers element in your claim. 

Has your husband claimed their state pension yet? He can have a state pension forecast here. https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension
  • poppiecat
    Options
    Hi, he claims it in April and he will get the full amount.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then from April with the annual increase it will be £221.20/week. The deduction from your UC will be £958.53/month. 

Are you claiming for help with the rent in with your UC?
  • poppiecat
    Options
    Thankfully we dont have a mortgage.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,379 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @poppiecat and welcome to the community. 

I see you're already getting some top support, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppiecat
    Options
    Hi albus, thank you. The support as been great, i now have a better idea about things.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.