If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP after spine surgery

Options
angeliux2
angeliux2 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, anyone who has slipped back disc and was getting a PIP? I just had an emergency back surgery and am not sure when to start an update. Do I need to wait after I feel if anything has changed or needs to be updated now. At the moment, I'm not walking at all , just very short distances. I was getting enhanced mobility. 

Comments

• angeliux2
    Options
    At the moment I'm two weeks after surgery. Things are still very slowly. My both legs are weak, the right has more numbness, the foot feels like needle pain, cramps. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    At the moment there’s nothing to update them about because you’ve only just had surgery. 

Changes must have been there for at least 3 months. 

You said “you was getting Enhanced mobility “ are you still receiving this? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • angeliux2
    Options
    Yes I still receiving it, till 2025 june
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then there’s nothing to report at this stage. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • angeliux2
    Options
    You think I need to update before it's finishes,  on the new assessment? Plus I'm not sure my condition will be improved, as at the moment I'm only lying down in the bed,  walking with the stick  and only to toilet, as felling very tired after walking and weak.  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You said you’ve only recently had surgery so there’s nothing to report at the moment. 

If in the future your conditions improve and you no longer qualify for Enhanced mobility then yes you should report changes. Remember for PIP it’s how you are on the majority of days in a 12 month period. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.