Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Blue Badge Security holders

Options
Moonlady
Moonlady Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
Hello there
We have recently got a blue badge for my partner. At the moment we do not have transport but when we do, obviously will be using the blue badge

Do people tend to get the blue badge protectors and things that lock onto the steering wheel as well? Just a side note, I live in London so crime rate is high.

I remember ages ago about people trying to steal the blue badges through braking windows etc.  Didnt know if this was still a thing as such

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Moonlady

I don't have a blue badge, but if you can protect that and your vehicle in any way, I'd say it would be good to be cautious if that kind of crime is high in your area. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Moonlady
    Options
    Hello @Moonlady

I don't have a blue badge, but if you can protect that and your vehicle in any way, I'd say it would be good to be cautious if that kind of crime is high in your area. 
    Thanks a lot
    I've just passed by a car with one I was thinking of getting when the time comes.

Tipped the balance about buying one....thanks 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've had a blue badge for 10 years and can't say I've ever seen one. Never had a problem with putting mine on the dashboard, in just a standard cover. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Moonlady
    Options
    Thanks poppy123456

I do live in a high crime area so probably overthinking......I shall see when the time comes. Appreciate your response.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.