Payments that I need to report on ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payments that I need to report on ESA

Options
itsCopia
itsCopia Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all,
So I've been on ESA for around 10 months now, since my employer stopped paying SSP. I have long covid and ME and have recently been let go on capability. I have already informed DWP of this. But in regards to payments my former employer is giving me, do I need to report them? They said anything I'm owed would be paid next month, but I've just received a payment under 'Protected Earn'. No tax or N.I has been taken from it, but it has contributed to my pension. I'm just wondering if I need to report this, as I've seen mixed things on it, but I'm in a bit of a panic now as I wasn't expecting this. I am in the support group now, by the way.
Thanks in advance for any possible help!

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.