If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Text

Options
OlliePopsxx
OlliePopsxx Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hello everyone!

I received the text this morning “we have not yet made a decision”, just wondering how long after this text anyone got their decision?

My assessment was 6th Feb (new claim) DWP received it 8th and was with a case manager on the 9th.

Many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are no timescales after that text. Some wait days and others weeks. The timescales are up to 12 weeks after the report was returned. Being with a case manager doesn't mean anything other than it's in a pile of hundreds of other claims waiting to be looked at. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @OlliePopsxx I believe current gov stats show the average waiting time for a new PIP claim is 15 weeks. 
     How did you find the assessment? I hope it went ok! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • OlliePopsxx
    Options
    @Albus_Scope it wasn’t the best! Lots of discrepancies in my report i.e numbness in one finger therefore can grip, when my consultant clearly states numbness in all fingers? Has held phone to ear for 40 mins before asking to put on loud speaker due to pain, therefore can wash upper body and hair. No mention of me in pain throughout the call and me trying to reposition myself?

It was gruelling and i was absolutely shattered afterwards. Hopefully the DM will check my consultants reports against her cods wallop and see beyond it 🤞🏻

Thank you for asking 😊
  • OlliePopsxx
    Options
    P.s I’m currently on nearly 14 weeks, so hopefully will hear soon 🤞🏻
  • TommyUK
    TommyUK Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I received the text this morning “we have not yet made a decision”, just wondering how long after this text anyone got their decision?

My assessment was 6th Feb (new claim) DWP received it 8th and was with a case manager on the 9th.

Many thanks
    When you say it was with a case manager, did you get a text to state this as well or did you ring them?

• OlliePopsxx
    Options
    @TommyUK I rang them for an update, took me over an hour to get through though 
  • TommyUK
    Options
    @TommyUK I rang them for an update, took me over an hour to get through though 
    How soon after did you contact them? 

Thank you
  • OlliePopsxx
    Options
    I rang a few days after, I tried not to because I didn’t want the extra anxiety reading the report, but it’s given me a rough idea of what to expect.
  • TommyUK
    Options
    I rang a few days after, I tried not to because I didn’t want the extra anxiety reading the report, but it’s given me a rough idea of what to expect.
    I think from what I have seen on here, when people get the "We haven't made a decision yet" text. Shortly after they get an awarded text message (generally 2 working days after) so I've got my hopes up for you! 

Tom
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    TommyUK said:
    I think from what I have seen on here, when people get the "We haven't made a decision yet" text. Shortly after they get an awarded text message (generally 2 working days after) so I've got my hopes up for you! 

Tom
    No, not always. Some people wait quite a few weeks after that text. There's really no timescales after that text. The timescales are up to 12 weeks after the report was returned. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • OlliePopsxx
    Options
    @TommyUK Thank you 😊 I’ve seen that too 👍🏻 DWP state new claims, on average, are 15 weeks end to end and I’m 14 weeks in so keeping everything crossed 🤞🏻 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.