If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal Evidence

Options
salty1212334
salty1212334 Community member Posts: 145 Courageous
Hi would a letter from lcwra assessment count as evidence. At my lcwra assessment she said I spoke with flat effect and believes I have schizophrenia. I have been diagnosed with aspd/eupd and osteoarthritis in my knees. I got these diagnosis after pip appeal can I also use these as evidence. I am also taking quetiapine I keep getting dry mouth at night I keep getting blisters on my tongue. I did tell pip I had bad knees they didn't believe me so I went to see a rheumatologist and got a diagnosis I have always had problems with my knees I was diagnose last year I was 32 I am 6.2ft and 11stone 6 pounds I am not overweight. I fell off a roof when I was younger landed on my back from about 15ft it gave me a bad concussion ever since then my back hurts I haven't told my doctor I keep forgetting. I have knocked myself out about 6 times doing stupid things I never went doctors or hospital I just dealt with it I have had a lump the size of a egg on my head it's all catching up with me now. I got 0 points on  my pip appeal I am now waiting for tribunal. Will I get points for being around others and behaving. I sent pip a letter from LCWRA and my medical records. I also keep zoning out people keep asking me if I like them. I go to a warehouse with my brother once a month when I have to pay I zone out my brother has to nudge me and remind me to pay would this count as being prompted. I also get a fever when I have to go out my body crashes every time about 5pm my fingers start aching then my whole body aches I have to go sleep then I wake up sweating really hot I take propranolol for it but it don't work

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA and PIP are different benefits with differently criteria, there are some descriptors that are similar though. You can send the WCA report if you want to. 

If you've had a new diagnosis since your PIP assessment because you mentioned the problems related to that they you can send the diagnosis letter, if you haven't already. Though please note that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @salty1212334

I'm so sorry to hear your health hasn't been good recently. I just wanted to comment and ask if you were getting support? Have you spoken to your GP about the propranolol not working well for you? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    LCWRA and PIP are different benefits with differently criteria, there are some descriptors that are similar though. You can send the WCA report if you want to. 

If you've had a new diagnosis since your PIP assessment because you mentioned the problems related to that they you can send the diagnosis letter, if you haven't already. Though please note that PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. 
    Hi I have sent diagnosis letter it should back up what I am saying 
  • salty1212334
    Options
    Hello @salty1212334

I'm so sorry to hear your health hasn't been good recently. I just wanted to comment and ask if you were getting support? Have you spoken to your GP about the propranolol not working well for you? 
    Hi I will phone them tomorrow I done all this myself no help my family don't care except my brother but he works a lot though and has 4 kids so I only see him once a month my mum is dead and my dad is doing a 30yr sentence. We have a new neighbour she gets my shopping for me she also helps my other neighbour he is disabled. He's ex wife said she would help me she said she will speak to tribunal for me she helps my neighbour when he has to have a review but I think I need to talk to tribunal. Do either of you think it would be better for someone to talk for me I got LCWRA myself. My neighbours ex wife has terminal cancer also I dont want to cause her stress they treat me like there son it feels like my mum is dying again its not good she also has young children. My mum and brother in law died within a year now someone else is going to die I am really stressed from it I abuse prescription drugs pregablin it helps me block it out some days I have 12 200mg tablets I have also overdosed on morphine and codiene I also smoke 3g of weed a day and take mirtazipine some times I fell in my bath having a pee and cut my head I need help but I lie to cgl a drug place ive not answered the phone for 3 months I told the psychiatrist to leave me a lone all I wanted was a diagnosis then to be left I really dont no what to do sorry for waffling 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You will need to speak for yourself during your hearing. You really shouldn't be taking more medication than what is prescribed to you. If you feel suicidal at anytime you can always speak to the Samaritans on 116 123.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    Hi the pregabalin aren't prescribed I spend £80 a month on them the others I get given to me I am prescribed amitriptyline quetiapine and propranolol. Should I even have the tribunal if dwp says I have schizophrenia I don't think it's right that they make someone with severe mental health to speak on the phone. It would be 2yrs total from when I first applied I will probably have to reapply if I only get 2yrs on my claim
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. 
  • salty1212334
    Options
    Hi I no it's not based off diagnosis but they backup what I am saying I have sent about 50 pages of evidence. I see other people getting a decision before tribunal from evidence they have sent
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @salty1212334, sorry to hear about all that's happening with you, it sounds like you're going through a lot. I'm going to drop you an email today, so look out for that, but I just wanted to say hello here first :)

Have you ever talked about your prescription drug abuse with anyone? I know it must be difficult to discuss it, but it's really important that you let your GP know what you're taking daily so they can help support you. They might be able to connect you with services that could help you feel more in control. We are with you and Turning Point might also have some worthwhile resources to have a look through.

As Poppy mentioned above, with PIP it's often more about describing how your symptoms affect you day to day and giving detailed examples of this rather than just giving them your diagnoses and evidence. Some people do find that providing lots of evidence helps their claim, but not always. Citizens Advice can often be helpful if you need some support with your claim.

Have you managed to get through to your GP today to chat about your propranolol? 
    Rosie (she/her)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    Hi @salty1212334, sorry to hear about all that's happening with you, it sounds like you're going through a lot. I'm going to drop you an email today, so look out for that, but I just wanted to say hello here first :)

Have you ever talked about your prescription drug abuse with anyone? I know it must be difficult to discuss it, but it's really important that you let your GP know what you're taking daily so they can help support you. They might be able to connect you with services that could help you feel more in control. We are with you and Turning Point might also have some worthwhile resources to have a look through.

As Poppy mentioned above, with PIP it's often more about describing how your symptoms affect you day to day and giving detailed examples of this rather than just giving them your diagnoses and evidence. Some people do find that providing lots of evidence helps their claim, but not always. Citizens Advice can often be helpful if you need some support with your claim.

Have you managed to get through to your GP today to chat about your propranolol? 
    Hi I overthink things sometimes everything gets to much I have a appoint with CGL in a couple of days they help with addictions. I only speak on the phone as I can't go there I can't stand heroin and crack addicts there to loud I might end up doing something so I don't go. I will tell CGL what I am taking I have not answered phone for a few months I will this time. I will phone my doctor as well I will explain my fingers hurting my neighbour noticed last night I have big and curved nails and finger tips hes are flat. I get a fever whenever I go out I am ok if I stay in it always starts about 3pm I have had this for about 3 years. thank you for the email offering help I will email you my information if I do need help Thanks I appreciate it.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @salty1212334

I'm so glad you found Rosie's email helpful <3 

Please let us know if your appointment with CGL went well and if there is any way we can help further. I'd also encourage you to mention the fever to your GP. I hope you are having a better day today? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.