Awarded LCWRA how much/when please? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded LCWRA how much/when please?

Options
jadeyb
jadeyb Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi I’ve recently been awarded LCWRA I’m trying to workout when I will receive my first payment and how much! I asked them to explain the award letter to me but I still cannot understand what they are saying could someone please translate this letter! Im guessing it’s on the 20th march my first payment from the reply I received but still no idea of how much!? I thought you get money 3 months after you submitted the first fit note and my first fit note was on the 21st November!..  Thank in advance 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,489 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your first payment will be 26th April. This is because of the waiting period, which is 3 full assessment periods from when you provided your first fit note.

As your first fit note was provided after the start of the November/Dec assessment period then that doesn't count. (even though it was only 1 day later that you provided your first fit note) It's then paid from the 4th month, with first payment being the end of that month because UC is paid 1 month in arrears. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jadeyb
    Options
    April!!!!!!!! Even longer than what I thought now! 😩 I really dont get all this assessment period stuff! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you receive your payment each month it's for the previous assessment period. For you the first payment starts from your AP 20th March to 19th April and you then receive it in your April payment. 

When you provided your first fit note was that the same date you first reported your health condition? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jadeyb
    Options
    No I missed a few months interviews at the job centre like 2-3 because of my depression I just sent them a message via journal to say I wasn’t attending then when I still couldn’t do an interview i went to the doctors and they gave me a fit note that was given 21st November all this started back in july so I missed aug/sep/oct at job centre but only gave fit note nov onwards if that makes sense 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, that makes sense, thanks. It’s a shame you didn’t provide a fit note when it all started. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jadeyb

Welcome to the community :) Congratulations on being awarded LCWRA! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.