PIP Trubunal offer process — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Trubunal offer process

Options
ndhm1951
ndhm1951 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Thank you for welcoming me to the community.
I wanted to ask some advice as I’m in the process of awaiting a date for Tribunal.
I applied for PIP in May 2023, soon after I had my assessment by FaceTime.
I requested my PIP report soon after and the amount of false information in this report was shocking and I could not quite believe the inconsistencies what was written to what I actually said, I received my PIP outcome shortly after and was awarded 6 Points DL and 4 points Mobility.
I then submitted a Mandatory Reconsideration, no surprise that the outcome was still the same so I then put forward my case online for a Tribunal, the DWP did not respond within the time frame and the judge then gave them more time.DWP then called me to make me an offer of standard DL and NO mobility. I explained to the Case manager on the phone that I had since been accepted for a Blue Badge which they did not have knowledge of as I hadn’t uploaded this evidence to the online Tribunal HMCTS (as I’d only just been accepted for my blue badge & I also know it does not automatically qualify you for points either) The case manager did say on the phone that she would note this new evidence and 2 days later I received their Pack containing all their information for the Tribunal. About a week later (early January 2024) I received a letter from PIP stating “We now have all the information needed to make a decision and information to decide if we can award you PIP” 
I called the PIP about 4 weeks ago and they acknowledged the letter but could tell me no more as to what it means.
has anyone else had this letter whilst awaiting Tribunal as I cannot see why this letter states this as I’m awaiting Tribunal date and I refused their offer prior to DWP sending their pack.
I have to say this whole process has been mentally and physically exhausting, the stress, worry and anxiety is a toll on your health. Any help would be greatly appreciated 
Thank you

Comments

• WelshDaffodil
    WelshDaffodil Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi there, I too am waiting for a tribunal and received the same letter at the end of January. I lodged my appeal in July, however I noticed when the bundle came through that there were several pieces of evidence that hadn't been mentioned by the assessor. I complained to Capita who agreed to look over the report again, but stood by their decision. I then received two letters in January one from DWP with Capita's comments and another that said they now had all the details they needed to make a decision. I was therefore hopeful that this might have meant that they were looking at it again, but like you I have heard nothing further and no one has been able to shed any further light on it. Hopefully someone else may be able to offer advice on this.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there, I too am waiting for a tribunal and received the same letter at the end of January. I lodged my appeal in July, however I noticed when the bundle came through that there were several pieces of evidence that hadn't been mentioned by the assessor. I complained to Capita who agreed to look over the report again, but stood by their decision. I then received two letters in January one from DWP with Capita's comments and another that said they now had all the details they needed to make a decision. I was therefore hopeful that this might have meant that they were looking at it again, but like you I have heard nothing further and no one has been able to shed any further light on it. Hopefully someone else may be able to offer advice on this.
    We can only guess the reason why you receive those letters. Have you rang PIP to ask them? They would be the only ones that could give you any information. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ndhm1951
    ndhm1951 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I have rang the PIP to ask about this letter and they said they can see in on their system as sent, but couldn’t explain anything about it. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @ndhm1951

Welcome to the community! I am so sorry that it's been such a back and forth with them for you and no answers. Please keep us updated <3 Keeping everything crossed the tribunal goes in your favour. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • WelshDaffodil
    WelshDaffodil Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    We can only guess the reason why you receive those letters. Have you rang PIP to ask them? They would be the only ones that could give you any information. 
    Hi Poppy123456, yes the original poster stated that they had rang PIP who acknowledged the letter but could tell them no more about what this meant. In my post confirming I had experienced similar, I also said that no one had been able to shed any further light on it. I realise you can only guess, but I think we were both hoping to hear from others who had experienced the same and what the outcome was for them.
  • Carlosos
    Carlosos Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Options
    Why does it feel like dealing with dwp is like gambling with loaded dice and to get a reasonable response and outcome you have to go to tribunal. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.