Hi, my name is Judy123! Disappointed with my review results — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Judy123! Disappointed with my review results

Options
Judy123
Judy123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 28 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Been looking at this site for a while now. Had my original review a few months ago and was disappointed with the result as I had lost my mobility. In fairness, my original assessment was answered badly. However, after following this site for a while and having considerable input from a very experienced welfare rights worker I was confident that my MR would at least get some improvement. I gave real- life examples for most descriptors, including the fact that I have falls and am unable to walk because of Meniere’s attacks, as well as many other examples. All of these were backed up by statements from the PIP Assessment Criteria. Despite having what I would class as having cast iron evidence the Case Manager didn’t change it at all. I really feel that I can’t go through a tribunal after the stress of it all. When I rang to discuss this I was told that if you put in an application for a Tribunal, when they gather together the information they can look at it and if they think it is warranted change decisions. She also said that they would give the information to DWP representative as well for them to look at for decision. I’ve never heard anything like this before, has anyone else - it’s got me thinking I must have misheard. I would be grateful for any advice.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s not unusual for the MR decision not to change. 

When you request a Tribunal DWP will need to respond to that. Before they do this your claim will be looked at again and sometimes (though rare) they may make an offer. As it’s rare I’d advise you not to get your hopes up. 

For the best chance of a decision In your favour I’d advise you to either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Judy123
    Judy123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I was just a bit confused though. It sounded like the person who would be looking at it before the Tribunal, would be the person who would be involved with it at the tribunal, not the DWP Decision/Case Managers who normally make these decisions. The case manager I spoke to didn’t explain it well so still don’t understand what this bit about looking at it before tribunal means

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.