Pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
xxspencer75
xxspencer75 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
I'm thinking of doing an intervention with pip as my conditions are getting worse I'm currently on standard for both components but have been told I should be on high rate for both components due to my conditions I've no further evidence of my conditions getting worse though would I still be payed if I did an intervention im willing to go to a tribunal if I have to could someone please with any tips thank you kindly 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's known as a change of circumstances, not an intervention. Your current award will continue until a decision is made on your claim. 

Reporting changes means you will be sent more forms to fill in and return, with all your additional supporting evidence. Another assessment is most likely because most people have them. 

Was it an advice agency that advised you that you can score enough points needed for the highest award?

You don't need medical evidence. Just give a couple of real world examples of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Make sure that you include detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TommyUK
    TommyUK Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing an intervention with pip as my conditions are getting worse I'm currently on standard for both components but have been told I should be on high rate for both components due to my conditions I've no further evidence of my conditions getting worse though would I still be payed if I did an intervention im willing to go to a tribunal if I have to could someone please with any tips thank you kindly 
    I'm sorry to hear that your conditions are getting worse and that you feel you should be receiving a higher rate of PIP for both components. It's important to gather as much evidence as possible before proceeding with an intervention or potentially going to tribunal. This could include medical records, letters from healthcare professionals, and any other documentation that supports your worsening condition.

Before moving forward, it may be beneficial to seek advice from a disability rights organisation, legal aid service, or a benefits advisor who can provide guidance on the intervention process and potential outcomes. They may also be able to offer tips on how to present your case effectively and increase your chances of success.

Remember, it is important to advocate for yourself and ensure you are receiving the support you need. Good luck with your intervention, and I hope you are able to access the higher rate of PIP that you believe you are entitled to.

Tom
  • xxspencer75
    xxspencer75 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Thank you so much for your feed back I was advised by a local disability organization on the phone after I explained everything to him about my circumstances and that it was a review I had and the standard motorbility was taken of me then I disagreed with the decision it was then reinstated to go alongside my standard daily living but after speaking with the advisor on the phone he said my conditions warranted a high rates for both components and he said I had my pants pulled down by the dwp as there doing this to a lot claimant's this is why I want to do an intervention but also scared at the same time thank you for reading and replying 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @xxspencer75 Please keep us updated with the change of circumstances, I hope the local disability organisation can continue to support! :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.