Migration timeline — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Migration timeline

wonkydaze
wonkydaze Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I've received a reminder letter to migrate before my deadline next month. I was going to leave it as close as possible to the deadline but now I feel panicky like it's going to take weeks to organise. Is there a guide to what I will have to do and what they need to look at? I'm still trying to work it all out and it takes me a bit of time to process information. When does a claim start when you set up an account or when you finish submitting all the evidence? From what I've learned I am going to have to write business plans, I should probably do this before I even start the process to migrate because I might not be able to do them at short notice after we migrate, if called to meet a work coach.

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you self employed @wonkydaze?? Wondering if that's why you think you need to submit business plans.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Your claim doesn't start until you submit it. Once You've submitted your claim your first payment will be 1 month and 6 days later. You will then be paid on the same date each month, unless your payment date falls on a weekend or bank holiday and then you will receive your payment on the Friday before. 

I see from a previous thread where I advised you that you and your partner are both self employed so you will need to attend a gateway appointment at your local job centre. Did you have a read of the link I posted in your other thread? There's some advice about claiming UC when self employed on there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wonkydaze
    Yes we are self employed and I did read the info on the link but will go through it again. I believe the gateway appointment will be when they look at evidence of the self employment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    If you don't have business plans already done then don't take them, you don't have to take them. In the link I posted on your other thread it advises what evidence it "could" include, not "must" include. 

Evidence can be anything from invoices, bank statements, tax returns, receipts etc etc. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wonkydaze
    Thanks for making that point of clarification. I've read through that link a few times. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.