Help with my enquiry please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with my enquiry please

Options
theonelemon
theonelemon Community member Posts: 1 Listener
So I am on esa support group because of my mental health and unable to work. I am also on pip and housing benefit , council tax gets paid(I don’t have to pay it) my partner is on UC credit at the moment (joint claim with his ex still but obv that will change when he moves out) I assume . If he moves in with me will it stop my esa or my pip? My council tax housing benifit etc? My partner is on UC credit because he can’t work so they don’t make him look for work at all.  Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As your partner is claiming UC if you live together as a couple then you will need to claim UC. If any part of your ESA is Income Related then this will end 2 weeks after you claim UC. Your housing benefit will also continue for 2 weeks. 

If any part of it is contributions based this will continue but be deducted in full from any UC entitlement. You said your partner is unable to work, have they been found to have LCWRA? if so then because you are in the Support Group then you'll only be entitled to 1 LCWRA element, rather than 2. 

As you're claiming PIP, if this includes the daily living part then your partner will be able to claim carers element of UC for looking after you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.