UC LCWRA ESA deductions. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC LCWRA ESA deductions.

Options
tarryburn
tarryburn Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi,
I was recently put into LCWRA on UC and Support group on ESA.
My recent statement for UC showed my deduction due to ESA as £561.  
According to UC themselves the higher support rate ESA was only applied to the last 3 days of my statement. So in effect 27 days were at standard ESA rate.

When I queried this I was told tough, we apply it to the whole assessment period.
This means in my case they have deducted £178 more than I received.  Surely the deduction should be pro rata?

Secondly, after only being told I was LCWRA in February,  I've been told I'm my journal I've to be reviewed and this involves supplying then with information to see I'm getting what I am entitled to.

Is this not a bit soon or just a random check to be expected occasionally?  My claim originated in October 2023.  LCWRA was awarded in February.

Thanks

Comments

• Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    edited March 4
    Options
    I don't know that UC do pro rata deductions. Generally a change is backdated to the beginning of assessment period that it starts in. 

The review sounds like a Compliance Check- lots of us on here have had them, the current DWP target is 2 million, so with just over 5 million on UC that is a big percentage of people who will have one.

https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit-reviews

• tarryburn
    tarryburn Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks.  Seems ridiculous you get deducted for an amount you've not received. Can't say I'm surprised lol.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.