Today is a good day ☺️ — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Today is a good day ☺️

Options
bookrabbit
bookrabbit Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
Not only did I hear that I have been awarded LCWRA but also that we passed referencing for the house we are hoping to rent :smiley:

So we should be able to move in and leave the hotel where we were placed in emergency housing by the council. Just as well too as my son has so had enough of sharing a room and a bed with me!! He has been exceedingly grumpy for the last couple of days. And I really want a little more distance between me and his snoring. Not to mention that I am sick of cold food and am getting really bored. However nice the hotel is we can't wait to leave.

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,152 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is great news @bookrabbit Well done. So pleased for you.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    AHHHHHH!!!! I wish I could throw a party for you!!!!!!! That's AMAAAAAAZZZZINGGGG!!! WOOHOHOOOOOO!!!! 

Oh @bookrabbit I couldn't be more happy for you!!! 

I hope you get a date for moving in soon and you can set up your lovely little home together with your son <3<3<3 I'm so happy reading this!! I have the biggest smile on my face for you!!! :smiley: You deserve this so much xxx
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,234 Scope online community team
    Options
    Brilliant news @bookrabbit, I'm really pleased for you :)

Hope you're able to get set up and cosy in your new house soon!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • bookrabbit
    Options
    Thank you all:) 😊

We just got the proposed move in date which is a bit further off than we hoped for (the 25th) but at least we have it. Hopefully we won't have fallen out entirely by then!!
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,152 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will come round quicker than you think. Take care @bookrabbit
  • bookrabbit
    Options
    I know it will go quickly but I don't seem to be able to convince my son of that.
     I feel like celebrating and he is all doom and gloom:(
    He says he did his celebrating last week when they accepted our deposit.
    Now I am having to try and keep quiet because I am irritating him. He so needs his own space...
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@bookrabbit
    Aww I’m so pleased for you, it must be a massive relief that yous will be in your own home in a few weeks.
    I can totally understand the difficulties sharing a room with your son, is there no way the hotel could give you another room for your son, it might be worth asking.

Take care ❤️
  • bookrabbit
    Options
    I think he would be even more stressed by himself,  as would I. I don't mind tiptoeing around him a bit to keep the peace right now. It is exceptional circumstances after all. 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@bookrabbit
    Oh I totally understand it was just a thought. I hope the next couple of weeks goes in quick for yous.

Take care ❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.