PIP amount? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP amount?

Options
zerocat24
zerocat24 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 7 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 

I have received a text this morning saying I have been awarded PIP (hooray) - I phoned the helpline number to find out how much I would get (as advised by a thread I saw online) but I am confused - is the amount stated (£691) my first payment plus back pay? I applied on December 28th, so it's just shy of ten weeks. So by my (not very good) Maths, I am just on the low rate of daily living component? (Which would be wrong anyway as I am physically disabled, but wouldn't suprise me with all the horror stories I've heard)

Does anyone have any experience of this? I know I can just wait for the letter but I'm really impatient ha ha. 

Many thanks 

Zerocat
Tagged:

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,804 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    £691 is exactly 4 weeks of enhanced for both components.

PIP is paid 4-weekly so I would wager you have been put on that rate, and that this is your first 4 week payment.

So, good news hopefully!
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @zerocat24 - & welcome to the community. This sounds like really good news, as £691 is the amount you'll receive every 4 weeks for the enhanced rate for both the daily living & mobility component as you can see here: https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-much-youll-get   so this is your 1st payment. The amount due from when you first rang to claim PIP will be paid separately.

• zerocat24
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    £691 is exactly 4 weeks of enhanced for both components.

PIP is paid 4-weekly so I would wager you have been put on that rate, and that this is your first 4 week payment.

So, good news hopefully!
    Heck... I didn't even consider that, but you're right, it does add up doesn't it. I won't count my chickens just yet. As I say, I've heard way way way to many horror stories. I was stunned I was even awarded it to be honest, I was fully expecting a battle. 

But that does fill me with a quiet hope! 
  • zerocat24
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @zerocat24 - & welcome to the community. This sounds like really good news, as £691 is the amount you'll receive every 4 weeks for the enhanced rate for both the daily living & mobility component as you can see here: https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-much-youll-get   so this is your 1st payment. The amount due from when you first rang to claim PIP will be paid separately.

Blimey. Yeah, I knew the amounts that could be due but just assumed that £691 was including any back pay. Gosh. 

If this is the case, I'll consider myself very very very lucky!!!! Still can't quite believe it given how much trouble I've seen so many other people having.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,382 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @zerocat24! Hope this means what we think it means :) keeping everything crossed for you!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wkd
    wkd Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    zerocat24 said:
    Hi everyone 

I have received a text this morning saying I have been awarded PIP (hooray) - I phoned the helpline number to find out how much I would get (as advised by a thread I saw online) but I am confused - is the amount stated (£691) my first payment plus back pay? I applied on December 28th, so it's just shy of ten weeks. So by my (not very good) Maths, I am just on the low rate of daily living component? (Which would be wrong anyway as I am physically disabled, but wouldn't suprise me with all the horror stories I've heard)

Does anyone have any experience of this? I know I can just wait for the letter but I'm really impatient ha ha. 

Many thanks 

Zerocat
    PIP back pay is normally paid separately, so it looks like you may have Enhanced rates on both which is indeed 691 and due to go up in April. 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@zerocat24
    Oh that’s great news I’m so pleased for you. I hope you treat yourself to something nice with your backpay when it arrives.

❤️
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,720 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    wkd said:
    zerocat24 said:
    Hi everyone 

Many thanks 

Zerocat
    PIP back pay is normally paid separately, so it looks like you may have Enhanced rates on both which is indeed 691 and due to go up in April. 
    the increase will be around £45 per 4 weeks, back pay will be paid separately 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• wkd
    wkd Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    woodbine said:
    wkd said:
    zerocat24 said:
    Hi everyone 

Many thanks 

Zerocat
    the increase will be around £45 per 4 weeks, back pay will be paid separately 
    That's good news. However, did you notice how the government didn't mention COL or disabilities or anything good/bad in their budget yesterday? A government that has thrown in the towel after causing mayhem and destruction in th

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.