If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Address changed without me telling the DWP

Options
shibisaber
shibisaber Community member Posts: 15 Connected
I'm currently up for benefit review and have been waiting to receive my PIP review form. I currently live between two addresses (uni accom and home) as I'm a university student and my PIP has always been set up to go to my home. I waited for my review letter to come to my home address for 2 weeks and it didn't show up so I rang the DWP today just to be told that they had my uni accommodation address. Fortunately it was indeed in that post box but it's left me confused and upset. As far as I remember I never told the DWP of my university address and I have not phoned them in nearly 2 years, so I have no idea where they have got it from which is quite distressing.
Does anyone know where they could have got it?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can’t see how they could have possibly have known unless you told them. You did say “as far as you remember “ 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shibisaber
    shibisaber Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    I can’t see how they could have possibly have known unless you told them. You did say “as far as you remember “ 
    I'm nearly 100% sure, I often go for generalisations as I'm a just in case kind of person but I've legitimately not phoned the DWP since 2021 and I have checked my mobile logs. I can't check the landline but I'm pretty sure I would remember sitting on the pip line for so long - I only knew my full address more or less until after I got to uni so it would be mobile anyway. I'm a bit at a loss to be honest.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,796 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The only conclusion is that somebody must have told them.
    The good news is you got the forms.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,729 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @shibisaber, that sounds like quite the mystery! Could someone at your home address maybe sent a letter back to them with a change of address on it?
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,000 Pioneering
    Options

You would be registered with the local authority at both addresses for council tax purposes and data can be shared between them and DWP.

Also, if your landline provider has not changed, they may be able to trace a call to the PIP helpline even without a date. Mine was able to trace calls made and received at no extra cost.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.