Hi, my name is patsyk! self employed, turned down for LCWRA, need help. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is patsyk! self employed, turned down for LCWRA, need help.

Options
patsyk
patsyk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 7 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am 64 and I work part time self employed  .I had to ask for help from uc due to a torn rotary cuff. I was told I am fit for work and I need to find another 16 hours would by june .I have been able to keep a job I have been working at for 12 years but with my 16year old grandaughters help I could not be able to work at all .I can not lift my arm above my shoulder and was sent for an assessment  before I was able to get the evidence from my gp I asked for a mandatory reconsideration  and that was rejected .I provided my evidence including the report that dwp requested from my gp they contacted my gp directly. I am so shocked after I had read the medical report that my gp gave dwp was exactly right I have not only a torn rotary cuff but arthritis in both hands and raynades disease  I depend on my daughter to help me wash and dress and I am struggling with depression .I am so ashamed of having my children wash me and do everything I need to do but I feel just so vulnerable  and lost they are just not going to consider anything from what pain and struggle I.am dealing with I was told yesterday I need to find work .I have be self employed for 15 years and never had 1 day sick in all that time I am just needing help to get through the struggle of paying my rent I earn £462 amonth and the dwp take 55p from every £1 I have nothing no savings no way of being able to to manage  with the mental place I am at right now  .who is going to give me a job at 64 yes old that can't lift my left arm and need help to wash dress and do normal things with out my children  I really have been  made to be a vulnerable  person that will be forced to give up with the stress with all the unfair comments from the online journal that is so confusing and impossible to get anywhere with they don't care who they bully and force into getting people off benefit they have a target to meet and will do and say whatever they want to meet the target .

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.