Blue badge my house — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge my house

Options
nathaliroma
nathaliroma Community member, Scope Member Posts: 38 Connected
Hi all,

I am new to this and have to ask a silly question. If you have a blue badge, but not a disabled bay outside your home- are you exempt from needing a resident permit ( we have zones). If I am exempt with my badge, do I have to display it every time I park at home? And even if you do get lucky enough to get a disabled bay at home, do you have to display the badge??? I have read my local council blurb about it, but I can’t make sense of it. Thanks for any info 😊

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @nathaliroma, how're you today?

I believe that blue badge holders are not exempt from needing residents permits unfortunately. And if you do get the disabled bay outside of your home, yes, the blue badge will need to be displayed.  Hope that helps! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even with a disabled bay outside other disabled badge holders can also park there. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.