Migrated to UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Migrated to UC

CarolMCW Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I migrated to UC on 15 Feb.  Back in 2022 I was getting Working Tax with the disability element and ESA Support after a diagnosis that means I can't work my self employment job as I used to.  I had an interview with UC on 1 March and another one was set up for 5 April to go over income and expenditure of my self employment but it has been cancelled because UC have now put me on the No Work Related Requirement Group as I was on LCWRA pre migration and it has been transferred over from ESA.  My question is, can I still keep on with my self employment (limited as it is, we worked out I only make approx £80 a month). At the first interview she said I was not gainfully self employed.  Will I still get my Transitional Protection Payment (TPP) as my move to UC was through managed-migration.  I got the feeling they didn't really know.  During the interview she was reading what I'd put in my journal about minimum income floor not applying to me and that I should get TPP.  I asked in my journal what happens next but they haven't replied. I'm really stressed about all this.  I want to keep doing my self employment as it makes me feel useful even though it isn't much.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Whether there’s any entitlement to TP will depend on the figures for your Tax credits on the day before you claimed UC. If the figures for UC show you are worse off then you will be entitled to some TP. I won’t be able to tell you for sure because I don’t know your figures for Tax credits.

    Your ESA will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement. 

    You can still continue with self employed work but you will be expected to report your earnings and expenses on the last day of each assessment period. 

    If 15th Feb was the date you submitted your claim then your assessment periods will be 15th to 14th of every month and your payment date will be 21st of every month. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.