Updating UC job — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Updating UC job

JB2023 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited March 12 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, me and my wife receive universal credit however recently my wife feels well enough to work 16hrs per week. She is going to become my sisters carer however social services said they are going to back pay my wife to May 2023 as she spent time with her from then. She won’t be paid until end of this month. 

So my question would be because her technical start date will be MAY 2023 but she doesn’t get paid until this month will the start date be this month or back in May 2023? 

Will she get in trouble for not putting it back then even though she didn’t know it would be back paid? 

I’m just wondering what date we should put. She’s had no wage up until the end of this month

she does have LWCRA too and receive PIP


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,271 Disability Gamechanger
    She will need to put the start date of the day she actually starts working. 

    The money she receives as a back pay will affect your UC in the assessment period in which she receives it. This may reduce your UC to zero for that month so please be aware of that. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.