Lwrca awarded. Still no back pay. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwrca awarded. Still no back pay.

Options
cazag62
cazag62 Community member Posts: 31 Listener
edited March 12 in Universal Credit (UC)
i was awarded lwrca on 30th January 2024 recieved first payment on 18th feb 2024 .my first sick note was 25th august 2023 my dates for uc are 11 th of each month .was told by work coach I would recieve back pay on this months payment got my payment update today on uc it’s not on there any help please I am single

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,293 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 12
    Options
    If your payment date is usually 18th of every month then your assessment periods are 12th to 11th of every month. 

Based on the information you gave your waiting period will be Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec.. LCWRA starts from 12th Dec to 11th Jan and first payment will be 18th Jan. As you received first payment in Feb then they owe you for 1 months LCWRA element. 

Were there any gaps in your fit notes up until a decision was made on 30th January? Gaps in your fit notes can affect when the extra money is paid from. 

Money owed is paid separately to your usual monthly money. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cazag62
    Options
    No I had no gaps thank you and I don’t owe any money to uc
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Can I just check that the date you provided your first fit note was definitely 25th August? Some people think it's the date on the fit note that counts, this isn't correct, it's the date you provided it that counts. You can look back through your journal for the exact date. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cazag62
    Options
    yeah is was the 25th august 2023
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks, then my advice is correct. First payment should be 18th January. As I advised, money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly payment. I would have expected them to pay this by now. 

Put a message onto your journal under the payment section and ask about the money they owe you for the LCWRA element. Tell them that your calculations say that it should have been from assessment period 12th Dec to 11th Jan and first payment 18th January but you haven't received it. 
  • cazag62
    Options
    Have left message on journal under payments .probably won’t recieve a reply ty
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Usually messages under the payment section are seen by case managers/decision makers, so hopefully someone will respond. 
  • cazag62
    Options
    Still no answer on my journal

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.