Returning to work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Returning to work

Options
camalapen7
camalapen7 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could share some advice. I'm currently on pip and LWCRA pip enhanced. I have been on this for over a year. I'm returning back to work. My rent is 1050 which housing pay for. I will be potentially returning back to work on the 1st April. I will obviously not be entitled to the enhanced mobility pip as I am able to work or the LWCRA. I will be earning 1900 a month. Could anyone help me calculate how much I would get towards housing. Basically how much I will be left with in a month. I checked the benefit calculator and it says I would get 470 towards housing
Does that mean I would have to use 550 and be left with 1350. Appreciate if I could get confirmation thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will not lose your PIP award if you return to work because PIP isn't about your ability to work. If the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming it then there could be issues when you're next reviewed. 

LCWRA is part of UC, it's not a benefit on its own, same as housing element. Once you start work you must report a change of circumstances for UC and tell them you're working. 

You will have the work allowance, which for you will be £379/month. This means you can receive that amount of earnings before your UC is reduced by 55p for every £1 of earnings you receive. The earnings will reduce the whole of your UC, it doesn't just reduce parts of it. 

If those earnings are net pay (after deductions) then your UC will reduce by £836.55/month. 

Please also be aware that UC is based on earnings received each month, so if earnings increase your UC will decrease, if they decrease your UC will increase. It will also depend on how often your employer pays you, whether it's monthly, 4 weekly, fortnightly or weekly. 

I can't tell you exactly how much UC you'll be entitled to because I don't know anything about your circumstances and how much UC you're entitled to at the moment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • camalapen7
    Options
    Thank you so much. In regards to pip I have the both enhanced mobility and daily living. The enhanced mobility was due to severe anxiety and mental illness. I still have the current diagnosis but feel better and well enough to commence work. Do I have to report that before I start work. 

Also when do they start taking 55p off every pound. I'm mainly concerned about the housing factor. Like I said I pay 1050 so if I will earn 1800 do you do how much UC will pay towards housing 
  • camalapen7
    Options
    Sorry poppy, the mobility part was because of severe anxiety and was unable to leave my house. I'm currently a mental health nurse and returning back to work 
  • camalapen7
    Options
    I still have a diagnosis of anxiety and and is on medication and still receiving treatment from the mental health team
  • letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 282 Pioneering
    Options
    I still have a diagnosis of anxiety and and is on medication and still receiving treatment from the mental health team
    I’ve recently got enhanced mobility for MH issues to, if you’re going out to work full time I personally would tell them 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,178 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If the changes in your health condition have been present for at least 3 months and you expect it to continue for at least a further 9 months then in my opinion you should report the changes. Assuming you won't be working from home. 

With regards to your UC please see my previous comment. I can't tell you how much UC you will be entitled to exactly because I don't know how much your maximum entitlement is. 

If those earnings are net pay (after deductions) then your UC will reduce by £836.55/month. 

Please also be aware that UC is based on earnings received each month, so if earnings increase your UC will decrease, if they decrease your UC will increase. It will also depend on how often your employer pays you, whether it's monthly, 4 weekly, fortnightly or weekly. 

Earnings above the work allowance will reduce the whole of your UC and not just part of it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.