Surprising telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Surprising telephone assessment

Options
missk2024
missk2024 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all I had my health assessment yesterday by telephone, usually if I get a letter the letter is in my journal and post. For some reason my letter for the appointment wasn't in my journal . I had my phone call yesterday afternoon and they started by listing my health conditions 
One of the first things mentioned was sleep apnea which I don't have and have never visited the GP to say I have any problems in this regard, I was asked lots of questions about breathlessness, more often than about anything else.a lot of questions about my weight. Which again I didn't really focus on at all rather than mentioning high blood pressure as I'm on medication for this
. I was also asked a lot about depression, again not a condition I go to the GP about. She mentioned self harm and overdose and I was very taken a back by this as anything I'm mentioning wasn't mentioned by me. I said I didn't mention that on my form and were they referring to a long time ago and they said yes as a teenager, I'm 40 now . I basically put on my form about my eye condition I have retintis pigmentosa and I'm mostly blind, I have type one diabetes but I mentioned this in regard again to my eyesight as I get help from my husband with my medication management
Has anyone ever had a similar experience? I wasn't really asked much about my eyesight at all 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Was this the work capability assessment? If so then appointments for this will not be in your journal because UC are not responsible for those assessments. 

I would have expected you to have received an appointment through the post or even a text message if you gave them a mobile number. 

It’s not unusual for them not to cover all of your health conditions, if they have enough of information already then they wouldn’t have any questions to ask. 

As for the other questions, it is possible that they may have contacted someone on your list, if you put details on there, such as your GP or anyone else you may have given contact details for. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • missk2024
    missk2024 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I did receive the letter through post, but I thought perhaps it would have went to my journal too. It was a capability for work assessment. But thank you that makes sense perhaps they had enough information about my other conditions as this was all in my form and supporting evidence. I think my GP must have wrote a letter and that's perhaps why they have the other information 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn’t appear on your journal because they wouldn’t know when your appointment is. The Health Assessment Advisory Service are responsible for those. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @missk2024

Sorry it was a surprise for you, I hope you are feeling ok now it is done? I always say once an assessment or review is done, pop the kettle on and put your feet up! :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.